Sparks (01/11/2020)
I made a quick spark test in Niagara. The color probably could use some tweaking and velocity/life will depend on where it’s placed, but it’s useful as a starting point. 
To save time, I worked from a directional emitter template in Niagara. I modified the particle count, life, and initial velocity. Modules such as gravity and drag were already in the directional emitter template, so I left those be, although I could probably increase the drag.
A curl noise module was also added, but it seems to have minimal effect as of now, so it needs a bit of tweaking. I also added a color module so that the color could be changed over the particle’s life, which is something that can’t be set in the initialize particle module. I used the default sprite render material, which seems to work well for this use case.